My love for Pyrgos, for the Municipality and my fellow-citizens, my faith and the vision for the place where I was born and live, guide my steps. My principle is fight and offer for a better life, for a protective society of citizens, for a place worth of its history. Gavrilis Liatsis-Mayor of Pyrgos .
- Born in Pyrgos of County Ilias, son of Spyridonas and Vasiliki Liatsi.
- Studied in the Higher School of Economic Sciences (Athens University of Economics and Business) and was specialized on issues of Management in Greece and abroad.
- Served his military service in the Ordnance Corps with terminal extent of Reservist Captain.
- Director of the Commercial and Industrial Chamber of Ilias for 30 years
- Teacher of medium education and taught in management training seminars
- Board member of Economic Chamber of Greece
- President of the Association of Reserve Officers of Prefecture Ileias
- President of regional department of “Greek Red Cross”
- President of National Stadium of Pyrgos
- Vice president of the Association of Ilias students
- Chief of minor minority of municipal council of Municipality of Pyrgos at the period of 1994-1998
- Mayor of Pyrgos for two consecutive four-year periods from 1999 up to 2006
- Administrator of Patra’s University Hospital from January of 2007 until April of 2010
- Head of major minority of municipal Council of municipality of Pyrgos at the period of 2007-2014
- Reelected Mayor in the recent municipal elections (25-5- 2014) with five-year service from 1-9- 2014 up to 31-8- 2019
- He is wedded with Polyxeni Anastasopoulou, teacher, and has got two children, Spyros, a pediatrician and Avgerinos, a lawyer.